I finished Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset! Woot woot! It wasn’t easy, but I’m glad I did it! They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, and in the past 21 days, I really feel like I’ve formed several new, healthier habits. I thought I’d share with you my results, some things I learned that may help you with your fitness goals, and tips for those who are considering doing it themselves.
I’m not too keen on posting bikini shots, but I AM proud of myself for following the program, so I’ll do it anyways. On my modified version of Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset, I worked out and added healthy snacks that would enable me to do so – click here to read how and why I modified the program. I lost some weight and just feel healthier, more energetic, and cleaner overall!
In 3 weeks, I lost 7 pounds and 9 inches all over. I feel like I tightened up, got rid of the bloat that comes with processed foods, and gained energy.
My favorite thing about the program, aside from losing some weight, is the fact that I learned to cook healthy. (Well, and the fact that I learned to cook at all!) I found healthier meals and tried foods I never would have thought to make. While I now know that I’m not meant to be a vegetarian or a vegan, I’ll continue eating many of the meals I made on the Reset. Some of my favorites that I’ll continue to eat are oatmeal and berries for breakfast, quinoa salad, vegan tacos, and miso soup.
I thought that when I finished the program, I would want to go crazy and eat everything “bad” that I had been avoiding for the past 21 days. But, the funny thing is, I didn’t even really care for those things. I actually CRAVE healthier foods.
Ultimate Reset Tips
If you’re thinking of following The Ultimate Reset yourself, here are a few tips and things to know…
- Allow yourself plenty of time for shopping the first week. It took me an hour and a half to two hours to grocery
shop in preparation for week one. There were so many things on the list I didn’t have, and many things are difficult to find in your typical grocery store. Be prepared to make trips to a few different places.
- Make your own grocery list. On the Ultimate Reset website, you can log in and find a grocery list for each week, but I recommend making your own. The list is categorized by fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. with each item listed in alphabetical order. This isn’t necessarily the most logical order. I recommend making your own and arranging items according to how your grocery store is set up. The first week, I went down the list alphabetically and found myself wasting time running back and forth all over the produce department.
- Don’t freak out the first week when your grocery bill is more than usual. If you’re like me, and don’t typically cook, you’ll have a lot of spices and oils to buy. These things can add up. BUT, the second week, your bill will be considerably less. In fact, my bill the second week was half of my regular grocery bill because I was buying mostly produce, which is fairly inexpensive in California.
- The cleanses (Alkalinize and Detox) are straight up nasty. There’s no nice way to put it — the cleanse powders (especially the Detox packets) are the worst part of the Reset. I found that the best way to get them down is by mixing them with a small amount of water and taking them down in one (or two) gulps like a shot. The Alkalinize is best stirred with cold water, and the Detox is best with water that’s room temperature shaken in a shaker cup. That’s just what worked best for me.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Water is what saved me. I’m used to eating several small meals each day rather than 3 large ones. Drinking lots of water helped me avoid snacking in between meals.
My biggest lesson learned from Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset is that eating healthy is easier than I thought! It took effort to get through the program, but now that I’m in the groove and know how to eat clean, it has become a habit, and it’s actually pretty easy to do! I’m happy with my results and am looking forward to the changes that will come as I continue my new healthy habits now that I’m finished! If you want to try it out yourself and would like the extra support and accountability, you can get the program here, and I will personally guide you through it.